Cars and buggies
All cars and buggies, (prototypes or standard, 4×2 or 4×4) are allowed to register.
Rally PRO: In this categories, the following protective clothing is obligatory:
- wearing a helmet. We highly recommend the Hans-system.
- wearing a protective racing suit and gloves.
The vehicle needs to be equipped with the following items:
- a roll cage
- racing seats
- 4-point safety belts
For those participating in the ‘Rally-PRO’ category, a race insurance is obligatory (can be purchased via the organisation).
RAID: no obligations, standard cars and buggies are allowed
Other equipment, obligatory to have aboard the car/truck at all times (and for all categories):
- Minimum 3 liters of drinking water per person
- RAID: A “Smalltrack” (tracking system by Marlink) and a Tripy (digital road book) are provided by the organisation
- RALLY PRO:
- tool kit for small repairs (incl. a multitool, duct tape, etc.)
- a basic medical kit (band aids, pain killers, etc.)
- 3 fire flares & 1 smoke bomb (can be ordered via the organisation)
- compass & torch with stroboscopic funtion, lighter and insulation blanket
- a jack & 2 spare wheels
- towing rope & kinetic rope
- fire extinguisher & safety triangle
- 1 or 2 shovels
- minimum 2 sand ladders
- knife (within reach of the pilot & copilot to cut the safety belts if necessary)
- cell phone with Moroccan sim-card
3.3. Fuel autonomy
Cars and buggies need to have a fuel autonomy of minimum 550 km since they cannot use the fuel provisioning during the stages (on the checkpoints).
It’s not always necessary to mount an expensive extra petrol tank. It is allowed to use extra recipients (jerry cans), to secure it in your vehicle and to empty it in your main tank as soon as you can.