Cars and trucks
All cars (prototypes, standard) and trucks are allowed to register, on the condition that all axls are powered (4×4, 6×6, 8×8).
Rally PRO: In this categories, the following things are obligatory: wearing a helmet, wearing a protective racing suit; the vehicle needs to be equipped with the following items: a roll cage, racing seats, 4-point safety belts. All pilots & co-pilots should have a personal race insurance (can be bought via the organisation).
RAID: no obligations, standard cars are allowed
Other equipment, obligatory to have aboard the car/truck at all times (and for all categories):
- Minimum 3 liters of drinking water per person
- RAID: a satellite phone & SPOT satellite tracker (both can be rented via the organisation)
- RALLY: GPS UNIK & Sentinel (only in the Rally-PRO category) & Iritrack tracking system
- tool kit for small repairs (incl. a multitool, duct tape, etc.)
- a basic medical kit (plasters, pain killers, etc.)
- 3 fire flares & 1 smoke bomb (can be ordered via the organisation)
- compass & torch with stroboscopic funtion
- a jack & 2 spare wheels
- towing rope & kinetic rope
- fire extinguisher & safety triangle
- 1 or 2 shovels
- minimum 2 sand ladders
- knife (within reach of the pilot & copilot to cut the safety belts if necessary)
3.3. Fuel autonomy
Cars and Trucks need to have a fuel autonomy of minimum 550 km (cars) and 650 km(trucks) because they cannot use the fuel provisioning during the stages (on the checkpoints).
It’s not always necessary to mount an expensive extra petrol tank. It is allowed to use extra recipients (jerry cans), to secure it in your vehicle and to empty it in your main tank as soon as you can.